Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ~Mahatma Gandhi
My posts usually focus on teaching, but today I want to share some of my favorite quotations about learning. Without this side of the equation—people who love to learn—all our teaching is empty.
Here are 10 of my favorite quotations to inspire you.
1. “That is what learning is. You suddenly understand something you’ve understood all your life, but in a new way.” ~Doris Lessing
2. “Any fool can know. The point is to understand.” ~Albert Einstein
3. “Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~Benjamin Franklin
4. “Study hard what interests you the most in the most undisciplined, irreverent and original manner possible.” ~Richard Feynman
5. “For me, I am driven by two main philosophies: know more today about the world than I knew yesterday and lessen the suffering of others.” ~Neil deGrasse Tyson
6. “Self-education is, I firmly believe, the only kind of education there is.” ~Isaac Asimov
7. “The beautiful thing about learning is nobody can take it away from you.” ~B.B. King
8. “Learning never exhausts the mind.” ~Leonardo daVinci
9 “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” ~John F. Kennedy
10. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” ~Abigail Adams
Here’s my New Year’s challenge for you: Can you make a commitment to read at least one chapter from a book each day that will expand your knowledge, not just about your field, but about the world around you? And to learn things…hold your breath…just for fun?
If so, then you are also making a commitment to being a better teacher, videographer, writer, human.
Please send me your questions for future issues, and tune in next Friday for Issue #40 of “Everything You Need to Know to Create Outstanding Online Courses.”
Want to learn how to make online courses that teach outstanding content well? Sign up for your free copy of “12 Steps to Killer Course Content” and weekly tips.